Here's another post about Las Vegas! One of the best things about the conference being in Las Vegas was that my best friend from high school, Becky Dominguez (Becky Tripp in high school) lives there. I don't really get to see her there, because usually when we visit home, we seem to go different weeks, just missing seeing each other. So I was excited to go visit her and figured we'd see each other about one night while I was there. Well, I ended up calling her Monday afternoon on my way out there. I meant to call earlier, but for some reason didn't. I told her I had an extra ticket to the Blue Man Group and she wanted to come. She picked me up at the airport. It was so much fun! Becky and I can not see each other for years and pick up where we left off. Some of my other friends from college I'm still friends with, but we don't seem to have the same relationship. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the fact that they all have kids, and I know that changes your perspective on things and what you talk about, but it's great that Becky and I can get along so great and there's no uncomfortable silences.

So besides Monday night, she told me she wanted to see Phantom at the Venetian, so we went Wednesday. I had conference activities Tuesday and Thursday nights, or else we probably would have hung out then (her husband is a chef at the Flamingo, so he didn't get home until 10 o'clock). I probably would have had fun anyways, but I really had fun with her around! I hope to get to go next year!

(You'd think I'd learn not to take pictures from this angle. Nice double chin! But you can see the cool ceiling of the Venetian)
1 comment:
Wow, your hair is getting long again! You know, I had a best friend like that and I lost her the year my Grandma died. It's been almost three years. Wow. Anyway...I know what you mean about no uncomfortable silences. And we LOVE splash mountain. I will have to send you the picture of Bella in her cast last year going down splash mountain. Her dad put her in the front and the look on her face is AWESOME!
Post a Comment