Sunday, August 31, 2008

I ♥ truck stops

I decided to take advantage of the long weekend and visit my parents this Labor Day Weekend. I took a little nap after work Friday and started home about 8:30 Friday night. After a couple of hours, I was needing to take a break and grab some chocolate, so I looked around for a truck stop and stopped at one. I've always loved truck stops, at least the nicer ones. Flying J, Travel Centers, etc, they all have a nice convenience store plus a whole bunch of wacky items for sale, I guess for those truckers and other travels that need something to break the monotony of their trip or for last minute gift purchases. My dad got one of my favorite Christmas decorations, a wreath that sings Christmas songs, at one of these stops.

I always like to take at least a couple of minutes to look around at all the wacky stuff they have, and all the cheap DVDs they have there. It's so much fun. And, if it's well lit, I feel really safe there.

P.S. I stopped by another one on the way home, a Pilot stop. I just love how there are always a good lot of people, and truckers looking for a part or something to buy here or there. I just love it for some reason.

No comments: