Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Girl's Camp

Last week I was at our Young Women camp in Treasure Mountain (in Sierraville). It's such a great experience to be away from phones, Internets, TV, and just have some fun with 200 of your best friends.



There were a ton of mosquitos. I got to work in the craft shack again this year. It's a lot of fun, but I do miss being down with the girls. They all stay at lower camp, while most of the stake staff is up at upper camp. I really get to know the girls a lot when I'm in a unit, especially when we had our third year hikes. It was also weird this year because I didn't have any fellow 30-somethings with me at camp like I did last year.

I just really enjoy my time at camp. It's so great to be with so many who share my beliefs and where we can just be ourselves.

It is a little sad each year when another group of Young Women are there for their last year. This year, the girls there for the last year were the girls I first went to camp with as a third year tent leader. They went on the hike with me, and then most of them ended up being youth camp leaders for the third year hike the next time I did that year, so I really got to know them. I'm going to miss Leslie and Jill (already left for school before camp, so I didn't get to see them), Allyx, Marie, Kristen, and of course Allison. But every year, I find more girls that are just so much fun to be around. It's the great circle of life (don't worry, I won't break out in song - although I want to!).

Anyway, if you want to check out my pictures, I've uploaded them to my flickr account.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/byukirty/sets/72157606508894339/

1 comment:

Roberts Family said...

LOVE the pictures. Although, I didn't understand the videos of people lying down with their arms crossed and people smashing them and everyone thinking it's hilarious. Guess you had to be there.