So, the fourth book in the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn, came out August 2. Unfortunately, I've had recovery from camp plus the Olympics to contend with my time in reading it. But I finally finished it earlier today. So here's my thoughts on the book. Obviously, a spoiler if you haven't read the book yet.Those who read my post a couple of weeks ago (and now I know there are at least two readers - thanks Shannon and Kelly) know that I thought 'Team Jacob' was going to win. Well, it looks like they both ended up winning. I really don't know why they went with that angle, as it really was no competition in the book. Stephanie did a good job of making us feel Bella's point of view. I wonder is she thought of somehow getting them together. 

I was glad to see Bella remain herself after her transformation, which is one of the reason's I was worried about her with Edward - I wasn't sure that she was going to love him still after the transformation as so much of what she liked about him seemed to be related to the fact he was a vampire, whereas what she felt for Jacob was because he was Jacob. But I didn't feel too disappointed at her decision.
I really liked reading part of the story from Jacob's point of view. He's my favorite character (weird, because I almost always like the main character the best - Luke, Simba, Harry, Frodo and Aragon (although Legolas - thumpa thumpa thumpa goes my human heart)), and it was great to get into his head.
It wrapped up a little too nicely, but I really don't care about that. I like happy endings.
I'll edit this as I think of anything else I want to talk about.
First edit: 2:14 PM: I have to admit I didn't get at first that Jacob had imprinted on Renesmee at the end of book 2. I remember thinking that it sounded familiar when he said the world didn't revolve around the sun anymore, it revolved around her, but it didn't click. I'm glad it didn't, because when I realized it later (before Bella did) it was really exciting to me, and I don't think it would have been if I realized it earlier. Looking back, it was so obvious, but then again I was trying to read it very fast.
Second: 4:15 PM: I forgot to mention that I wasn't too happy that the BYU alum author had Bella's first meal be a cougar. OK, it was a mountain lion in the book, but the same thing. If I ever get to ask her something, I'll ask her why she did that (although I imagine it never crossed her mind).

1 comment:
I was just catching up on your blog Kirsten and had to laugh when you posted about Bella's first meal being a mountain lion! I don't know if you will get this as it's been awhile since you blogged this entry, but for crying out loud - you are funny!
I liked the last book too. I had a feeling that Jacob was going to imprint on the baby - I knew it was going to be a girl. Then when he did I felt so HAPPY for him! Everyone got what they wantred, and I thought it was good to have it end nicely.... everyone tries to make things end bad sometimes, cuz it"real life". But I say let us all be happy in make believe - no need for Edward and our wonderful Jacob to not both be happy!
Post a Comment