Friday, July 18, 2008

Team Jacob

OK, this is a spoiler if you haven't read the Twilight series yet (up through Eclipse). Consider yourself warned.

When I bought the third book, Eclipse, I saw there was a 'Team Jacob' and a 'Team Edward' iron-on transfers at the back of the book. I remember thinking, how silly, of course everyone's going to be going for Edward, the vampire that Bella Swan falls in love with, over her best friend, Jacob, who is a werewolf. But then while reading it, I agree with what Jacob says in the book, Edward is like her drug and Jacob is like her sun. I really think that Jacob is the guy she really needs to end up with, but I would feel so bad for Edward if she left him for Jacob - in Edward's almost two centuries of being a vampire, he hadn't found love. Now he does. I think it would tear him apart.

That's why I think that unfortunately, something will happen to Edward in the fourth book, Breaking Dawn, to be released August 2. Hopefully if that's true, it will be some sort of heroic death but he will express to Bella before that she should be with Jacob.

2 comments:

Roberts Family said...

So do you have #1 in the series? I don't want to buy it if I'm not sure I'll like it and the hold at the library is crazy long! I hope you had a good time at girl's camp. I've been home with sick kids and now I'm sick too! Aaahhh!

Unknown said...

Hi Kirsten! I've often wonered what you are up to and where life took you! When I saw your name on Julee Dawn blog.... I was hoping it was you and it is! I hope you dont mind me stalking you blog from time to time. You look and sound happy! I totally agree with you about Bella's situation, btw.
Drop me a line if you have time!