Thursday, November 5, 2009

This is Halloween



This past Saturday was Halloween, and I decided I wanted a new costume this year. It started when I was at Disneyland. I really wanted to dress up as Goofy after seeing the big Goofy hat at Disneyland. So I thought about getting the hat and the gloves, then saw the price tag on them and realized I'd be spending $50 just on that, and still would need the rest of the costume. So I said no.

But when I came home, I still wanted a costume, so after checking the local Spirit store, and not finding anything I liked, I stopped by Party City and found the costume I wanted. It wasn't built for larger people, so I had to try it on. I loved it, even though it does kind of show my love handles... er, love handlebar, or love roll? It was fun to dress up and I enjoyed seeing everyone at a Halloween eve dance where 95% of people were dressed up, and on Halloween where I went to two ward parties, had dinner with friends, and went to another dance. It was good to be queen, as I was the Evil Queen from Snow White. After feeling down last weekend, it really helped lift my spirits.

Some of my friends before the dance

Having fun dancing

Michelle, Amy, Sara, Me, and the safety handle

I don't know these people. They just wanted a picture together. I don't know if Snow White and Prince Charming even knew each other.
These girls are so cute, and thanks to Lauren for letting me use her arm to hide an embarassing salsa spill
I like this shot because it makes my head seem smaller
I have a feeling I'll have a real disagreement with her later in life. Oh stepdaughters! Actually, I don't remember who's baby this is, but she really wanted me to take a picture with her daughter.
Trying to give an apple to a friend at Ward Party #1
Hey, I'll take anyone who's interested. Oh wait, he doesn't exactly look excited. :(

1 comment:

TerriRuth said...

You make me laugh!!! I love this post!! Love the pictures.
WOW Kacie has a huge head!!!( and it was her b-day)
Thanks for sharing halloween with us.
Holidays ROCK!!