Thursday, November 5, 2009

A much needed (almost) Girl's Night Out



One of the best things about going to the Halloween Dance last Friday night was reconnecting with my friend Amy. She invited me to her 25th birthday party going to the Cheesecake Factory in San Francisco. I just really enjoy going to San Francisco. We had such a great time! It was almost a girls night out, except for Amy's brother that met us there.

We met in Napa and decided we needed to take two cars, so I went with Jill to go pick up our friend Monica at her home. That was really good, because we got to talk a bit, which I really needed to talk to someone who has certain things in common with me. It was really great talking to her. We picked up Monica and drove into the city, then got lost first trying to find Union Square, then when we found it, trying to get back to it to park. Crazy San Francisco streets! And crazy people almost walking in front of Jill's car. We ended up parking a few blocks away and walking over to Macys at Union Square. The Cheesecake Factory is on top of Macys.

We had fun going up the escalators of each floor - everybody wanted to shop on different floors. We finally ended up at the Cheesecake Factory and had a short wait until our tables were ready. We ended up sitting at two tables side by side to allow us to move in and out to the bathroom. Jill, Monica, Christina, and I sat at one table, with the Hansen family and Sara sitting at the other. We decided just to get the appetizer sampler and then later get cheesecake. It was good! And I got the Snickers cheesecake. It was good, just not the best I've ever had there.

When we were done, we posed for pictures out on the balcony, then everyone else left and Monica, Jill and I walked over to the Westin St. Francis to go up their elevators. They have the elevators that are on the outside of the building. We rode up the elevators about 10 times, flirting with the guys that would get on occassionally and taking pictures in various poses. It was such a blast.

We finally walked back to the car and Jill drove us back. I really tried to stay awake, but it just wasn't happening, and I had a nice snooze (judging by my dry throat, I think I seranaded Jill with my snores) back to Monica's house and then back to Napa. Luckily by then I was awake enough to drive home, although Jill did offer her place if I couldn't make it.

It was such a great night - just the type of night that I needed. (More pictures of the fun in the elevator when my friend posts them)


I like this picture other than I look huge.

My friend Jill. She is such a fun person! (and I don't just say that because she reads my blog).

The birthday girl herself!

Sara and I

I don't have pictures with Monica, and I love her! She's so very entertaining! So I'm sad I have no pictures with her.

1 comment:

TerriRuth said...

OK Seriously!! At Cheesecake Factory, MY favorite dessert is the GODIVA Brownie Sundae. I dream about it!! Love ya Kirty !