
This weekend I went up to Utah for a very quick trip to see a session of conference, see my friend play the Grinch in Seussical, and my sister-in-law play a napkin in Beauty and the Beast. It was a lot of fun, and I'm going to talk about some of those later. I'm really greatful for the opportunity to spend so much time with my friend Amy. It was great to talk about life and some of the challenges we both face and are dealing with. Man, that girl can drive! She drove both ways straight through. We only stopped one time goint to Utah and three times coming home, but one of those stops only because we couldn't find any food at the second stop.
It was also great to visit the A. family (I try to keep people's last names off of this blog to protect everyone's privacty - including my own). I really care a lot about Linda, Saffron, and Allison (not technically a part of the A. family, but living there). I'm good to see they're doing well, although Allison needs to get a job. It was great seeing Linda, who will be leaving the country for a year.
The plays were awesome and I'm glad I was able to see them. I really enjoyed seeing so many friends and my brother and sister-in-law. And as usual, Robbie cracked me up. And even with all the people I got to see, there were so many more that I really wanted to get to see. I'm so sad that for the second trip to Utah in four months that I didn't get to see Ashley. And I didn't get to see the W or T families that I haven't seen for years.
And that's something I love. So many friends I already have in Utah. Now Amy is considering if she should move there, although it would just be temporary (she says). There just aren't a lot of single people in the Church out here, at least not many that are in an hour's drive.
Since I graduated from BYU, I've always had a part of me that wanted to stay in Utah. But I really like being close enough to my family that I can visit them frequently. So since I had no family in Utah, I came back to California. Now my brother lives there and is planning on living there for at least a few more years. So there's a part of me that really yearns to move back to Utah. I couldn't move for a little over a year, as I promised where I work that I'd be here for three years, and I really like my job so I wouldn't want to upset anyone here.
But I'm so tired of seeing friends leave all the time. You know, it's really not that bad being single, as long as you have enough friends to do things with and help stave off the feelings of lonliness, but I've watched so many of my single friends move off, most of them to Utah. In Utah, just hanging out occassionally with Robbie will introduce me to a ton of new people.
I'm pretty sure that I'll end up in Utah in about a year and a half, although I would still need to have a lot of things fall into place - mainly a good job to go to. I kind of need the housing market to improve, at least a bit. My condo is still worth more than I bought it for, but not enough to provide for a decent down payment. Then I have to fix up my condo, move out of it to sell it (I have way too much junk to have there while I'm trying to sell it).
And I still need to find out if that's where the Lord wants me to be. I'm just not the best at receiving personal revelation, so that's something I'm trying to work on.

1 comment:
That trip was so fun. I loved being in the confrence center and also receiving conference on the radio while driving back to the Areja's. Spending time with Alison, Saffron, Linda and Leslie was great. I enjoyed the play Seussical and being able to spend time at Denny's with Jeremy and Robbie. The air in utah is cleaner and I feel like I can actually breath. Not to mention I was able to spend the long drive up and back with my good friend Kirsten.
Post a Comment