Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Flu shots suck

At work we are able to get free flu shots. I have never gotten a flu shot before and have never got sick with the flu (at least not longer than a day or two). So I didn't plan on getting one this year, but yesterday I felt like I should. I can't say I prayed about it because I didn't really have time, but I really felt like I should get it. So I did. And I got sick.

Last night taking kids home from Mutual, I started coughing and being a little short of breath. I finally got home, called home to say hi to the parentals and then took some Nyquil and went to bed about 10 PM (that's REALLY early for me). When I woke up at 6 this morning, I was still dragging, but took my shower and started getting ready. But soon after I just felt exhausted, and decided I had better call into work. So I called my actual IT boss and my RM boss and told them I'd probably be in later. I went back to bed and slept until about 10:30, then slowly got ready. I thought about not going into work at all, but it was 1 and I knew I wouldn't get anything done at work, and it was getting warmer, so I wasn't feeling that great, so figured I might as well go to work. So now I have three hours of sick time to use sometime else.

I really hope I was inspired to take the flu shot and this will help me not get the flu later this year, or else this was a big waste of a sick day.

No comments: