Friday, October 31, 2008

From the archives: I hate cancer

It's been one year since my cousin's husband, Paul, died of cancer at the age only 28. In two weeks will be the anniversary of when my friend Shara left us. I hope that we may someday find a cure for this thing. We miss you, Paul!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007
I hate cancer! Current mood: frustrated Category: Life
I *^%$ HATE CANCER!!!! My cousin's husband, Paul Hutton, died a little over an hour ago from testicular cancer. Last Veteran's Day my friend and coworker Shara Franyovich died from cervical cancer. I hate this disease. I wish I had the ability to stop it to find a cure. Paul was only in his late 20's, with a wife and two children, one just a few months old. Shara was 41 and had a husband and a little girl. They were both such inspirations to me. Not that I want anyone to suffer from AIDS, but at least there are pretty good ways of ensuring that you won't get that disease. There are ways to help prevent getting certain forms of cancer, but basically anyone can get it. And it can be so painful to have treated. I am glad that Paul no longer has to suffer, but I look forward to the day when nobody has to suffer for this horrible disease.
7:40 AM

No comments: