I'm in the middle of the third book, eclipse. It's a compelling story to me, although it's not generally my favorite kind of fiction. I generally don't like stories told in first person - you can get a lot of personal thought, but you lose a lot of everyone else's perspective. I prefer third person, even third person limited (like most of Harry Potter - told in third person, but limited to basically Harry's point of view). I also don't like the sickening goo of teenage love (you know - the 'he's so perfect' type of thing). But Stephanie Meyer, the author, got past that part just in time before I was about to abandon it (I did like the part leading up to their expressing their interest in each other - that's fun). Anyway, I recommend it. I'm excited as we're leading up to something big in the third book.

No comments:
Post a Comment