Monday, March 22, 2010

I am selfish

You know, I was thinking of my last post and realized I am dang selfish. I have to admit when I hear a friend has broken up with a boyfriend or girlfriend, one of the thoughts that crosses my mind is, "Oh good, they'll have more time to hang out with me." Of course, I feel bad for them and try to comfort them, but I do think about how this will benefit me.

I of course want my friends to be happy. I want them to get married and have families. Of course that's what I want too. But it is nice that since I'm single, I have single friends to do things with.

I need to stop worrying about what will benefit me and just try to be a better friend to my friends - to be more supportive and unconditionally love them.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Just think of it as wanting them to find the right person, and that person they broke up with isn't the right one...

Shawn said...

Guess what? You're normal.