First, let me just say, I remember when I started and thought absolutely nobody read this blog. But now I've learned my readership is at least in the high single digits! Actually, it's great to hear from people who I never knew read my blog mention something I wrote. Kind of fun! So thanks to those of you who read my little blog.
And it's great to hear from some friends who have said they're in on the challenge. Teresa, were you serious? Let's do it!!!!
So while I say this is day one, I've been trying to lose weight since the beginning of the year. I started off by not drinking sodas. Actually, that's something I started last year, but when a friend brought over a nice Dr. Pepper for me while I was moving, it was all over. First it was, "I'll just drink until I'm done with the move thing" then "Ill start again in August" which all never happened. So I started again at the beginning of the year. And I have broken it twice - once when I had a Dr. Pepper for my birthday (because I was REALLY dragging and wanted to be a bit more awake for my birthday) and once on Sunday, when I went to a birthday party and they had real draft A&W root beer. Now the excuse for the root beer is that, well, I'm a sucker for draft root beer from A&W. At least it's made with sugar and not high fructose corn syrup.
But yesterday I signed up for 24 Hour Fitness and ate less. I signed up online and even went there after work. Then after my workout, I figured I needed new clothes. Because I like to spend money. So I bought some clothes and am ready!
Yesterday I just had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, a pb&j for lunch, and one cup of tortellini (which is a lot less than I normally eat) and some corn (yes, too much starch, I'll have to get more vegetables), plus a few bags of fruit snacks. I'll have to work on the fruit snacks. But at least for yesterday, I wasn't really that hungry. I'm surprised how much I was full. I think the Lord is helping me combat my hunger. I'm sure I'll need all the help I can get!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Proud of you, Kirsten. Keep it up! You are an inspiration!
Post a Comment