Monday, July 27, 2009

Just back from Girls Camp

I just got back from a wonderful week of camping with our church Young Women Camp. I had so much fun! I always enjoy girls camp. It's always such a great spiritual experience, and a lot of fun. I think I like it most because I'm with a ton of friends, both old and young, and can be around people anytime I want. It kind of reminds me of BYU, where I had so many LDS friends around, that I really just needed to walk out the door to go hang out with people. I just loved hanging out with the girls in the cook shack, or chatting with the nurses, or visiting the girls down in lower camp. Just so many people and so much activity. I probably couldn't really stand it for another week without some changes, but I always go away feeling like I'd like to be there all the time. And every year I just think it won't be the same without the girls who move on from Young Womens, and in a sense that's true, but it's still always fun to meet the new girls and leaders and make more friends. I've come back the past few years with many new Facebook contacts. No Pete, no Carol, no Marilyn, no Jill, Allison, Allyx, or Marie, but so many I get to know, like Carla, Garnet, Taylor, Amanda, and others, besides getting to know others so much more, like April, Linda, Sharon, and Vivian. It's just so great!

I got to drive home in a caravan with two friends, and when I got off the freeway and waved bye to them, it really hit that it was all over. And it's probably the last time I'll get to go with my friends, as I've moved to a new stake, so I teared up a bit. Plus I went home to an empty house, and there was no Jewely waiting for me (although there were two other wonderful doggies waiting for me). Going from being around over a hundred people for over a week and then down to just myself was a little much, so I had to go back to my old town to visit friends, even though I really probably needed a nap and a shower. Luckily I found some friends home and hung out for a bit.

I'll update later with some pictures. My camera ended up breaking on the trip, so I have to see if it's fixable or if I have to spend even more money on a new camera. I've learned that I can't go without a camera for long - too many memories I'd miss out on capturing. But now, back to work.

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

I'm glad you had a good time at girls' camp. I agree, couldn't go long without a camera.

Amy_Fire said...

I've missed you so much. I hope to hang out sometime. I may even try to get to your place somehow but I don't have the address. If you need to take some pics till you have a camera mine is available, but you'd have to come over here and then let me tag along lol....I need my kirsten fix too, especially our walks, I miss that the most.

Shawn said...

Great fun, yes it was!