Tuesday, February 17, 2009

So my nephew got stabbed on Sunday...

I was talking to my mom on Sunday night when she got a call on the cell phone (I was talking to her on the land line). I could tell she got upset with something and then told me quickly "Timmy's been stabbed. I've gotta go!" I called my brother and during that conversation, he got called as well.

So here I was 300 miles away wondering how badly he was stabbed and wondering what was going on. I finally found out that he went to a show to see a few bands play. He didn't even like the bands, but some friends from high school wanted to get together, their first time getting together since he graduated in June. He went to use the restroom and when he came back out, he noticed one of his friends had been punched, so he went to check it out. A group of gang bangers started attacking him too, and he thought he got punched in the back, but realized later he was stabbed. They took him to the hospital and luckily it missed any organs. It got in about 2 1/2 inches, which evidently isn't very far, but looking at a ruler right by me now, that be deep enough for me.

He's doing fine now, and the doctor told him that now he has a scar to impress the ladies. It's scary to think though just how quickly life can change for you. I thank God he wasn't hurt more. He's got long crazy hair, which might scare some people, but he's a good kid.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

How scary. I'm glad he's ok.