Wednesday, February 18, 2009

From the archives: I love missionaries!!!

From time to time, I add posts from my old myspace blog onto here, so I can keep them all together. I think I only have a couple of more entries to go. Here's one from almost three years ago about seeing some missionaries at the Olive Garden by where I live.

Sunday, April 09, 2006
I love missionaries!!!Current mood: amused Category: Life
Amy and I went out to dinner last night after walking my dog, Jewely, on a four mile walk along the Vallejo waterfront (we're getting ready for the Young Women's third-year hike in June). We were hungry and decided to go to the Olive Garden. Towards the end of our meal, Amy said, 'Hey, there's a missionary walking by himself.' For those that don't know, our missionaries are always supposed to be in close proximity of their companion - to keep an eye on each other, sort of. We soon found a group of missionaries leaving from another area. As our table was right by the walkway, they passed by us. As the last one left, I said something like, 'Bye Elder'. He kept walking, then must have realized what was said, and he came back to say hi to us. They were from another area (Roseville) and went down to the temple in Oakland to see a family sealed, and were now on their way back. Missionaires in California are used to not seeing a lot of Mormons around, especially if they came from Utah, so when they meet some members, they're always happy to say hello. It was fun, and I love missionaries and the sense of brotherhood (and sisterhood) that we share in the Church!
9:48 AM
1 Comments
2 Kudos

Dragon_Fire

Oh yea. Nothing like running into the missionaries!!!!! Life is great. It's such a beautiful, wonderful day.....with lots of love
Posted by Dragon_Fire on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 1:24 PM

No comments: