Thursday, September 25, 2008

From the archives: I've Got To Do Something Else

OK, here's one from almost three years ago. I was still working for my old job, and I was really hating it. Most everyone there did (and still does). I love my job now SOOOO much better!!! I'm still figuring out where I'd like to live next. I want to buy a house (I have a condo) but don't really want to live where I do now. The choices are still Sacramento and Utah. I guess I better decide soon. I need to buy a new place while prices are still low, but then sell my condo when prices go up again.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006
I've got to do something else Current mood: contemplative
I'm really not sure what I want to do with my life. I just turned 31, which means that in Mormondom, I'm no longer a 'young' single adult. I'm not very happy with my job. It's not terrible, just not too fulfilling. I want to do something more. I'm just not sure what I want to do. I went through six years of school, getting my bachelors and my masters in math, and now I can't think of what I want to do 'when I grow up.'I don't even know where to go to try to find what kind of job I'd like to do. I don't think I want to do too much more of system engineering - I think it might be a dying job that will slowly go all the way to India. I want something where I can be out and about more, more active. But after six years of school, I don't really want to go back to school to get more training. I don't mind training, but I only want to take a class here or there. I've actually thought again of teaching. But I just know I can't afford to do it in the Bay Area. So, then, do I move? And if so, where? Utah? I'd be 8 hours away from my family. The Central Valley? There aren't many single Mormon men down there (then again, there aren't here, either). And there's still the matter that I absolutely love my ward right now. Especially working with the Young Womens. It's been awesome. I've actually really thought hard at moving to Sacramento. There are quite a few job opportunities there, and a lot more single Latter-day Saints out there. And I could get a job there for now and commute back to [where I live], until I find a place I'd really like to live in.So many decisions. Hopefully going to the temple will help me figure things out. I just can't do the same boring job day in and day out. So if anybody knows a place where a master in math can get a job, let me know
Currently listening : Sweet Right Here By SHeDAISY Release date: 08 June, 2004
9:25 AM

No comments: