So, I called Dish Network to see about moving my service to the new house. Now for those that don't know, Dish Network has been losing a lot of subscribers recently. Knowing that, I went into this conversation (approximate dialogue):
DN: "Hello Dish Network, how may I help you?"
Me: "I'm moving, and I'd like to know more about your DishMover program"
DN: "OK, you just leave your satellite dish at the old place and bring your receiver and remotes to the new one."
Me: "Do I have to sign up for a commitement again?"
DN:.... "It looks like they're going to have you commit for 24 months."
Me: "Then I think I'm switching providers [and I would have - either AT&T Uverse or DirectTV)"
DN: "Let me see if I can get around that. OK, I'll do a no commitment service. There's normally a charge for that [$99, I checked it out], but I'll waive that."
Me: "Thank you!"
I had a feeling they'd say that when I called. I didn't want to commit to them for two years because (1) with potential job loses where I work, I think it would be foolish to commit for something that long - you just never know, and I'd hate to be stuck paying an expensive satellite bill when I could just watch things on regular TV if worse came to worse, and (2) I might want to sign up for DirecTV before that - and get to see my Cougars on the mtn. For now, I'll just have to see if my favorite people in the world (I know you might be reading this, Shawn) will invite me over to watch Cougar football.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment