To keep Internet predators from easily finding too much information about me, I'll not mention the actual town I currently live in nor the one I'm moving to - not that it would take much to find out, but stilll.
I'm going to miss V-town. Sure it has a reputation for not always having the best elements, but then again, neither does my new town. Here are the top 10 things I'm going to miss.
10. Papa Murphys - Over the years, I've bought a lot of pizza there, and I know the owner. I really like the people there. Luckily there's one on the drive home from work to my new home, but hopefully it'll be as good.
9. WalMart - It's a bit of a drive to get to WalMart now, but I like the new Supercenter. The one in my new town is old and it's also a long drive to get to. However, they are building a Supercenter that will end up being about a mile away, but that could still be a couple of years with all the legal entanglements these things go through.
8. 'V-town' - sorry, you can't call every town just by their first letter. I mean, 'F' town? P-town? Just not the same
7. A&W. We finally get one, and now I'm moving away. I love my A&W.
6. Costco. My new town has a Costco, but from where I live, it's closer to go to the next town up to go. I imagine I'll actually go to V-town's Costco as I go to visit friends, but it was very convenient from where I live.
5. Luckys - or any good grocery store close by. OK, Luckys is about a mile away from my home, but it feels close, and is on the way to or from the freeway. I kind of have to go out of my way to go to a Raleys, or drive even further to go to Safeway. No Lucky in the town I'm moving to.
4. The hills - they're not great for me for biking, but I like the hills around town and around the freeway. Very pretty green from January until June, and then a different beauty when the hills turn copper (OK, yellow, but that's not as poetic)
3. This is kind of a subset of #1, and maybe should be #2, but I'm going to miss Teresa and her family being so close. Of course, I'll live close to her brother, so I'm sure we'll see a ton of them with me visiting them or them coming up to her brother's house.
2. The marina - I love water, and although it's not like the water here is beautiful, I love taking my dogs down to the marina and going for the walk. Amy and I once even walked from one end all the way to under the bridge to MI,a nd then some. It was very fun and I love it. I'm seriously thinking of once in awhile driving down and going for a walk with my dogs once I move. No more night trips, I imagine, but a Saturday afternoon.
1. My ward! Hello, I love my fellow church members. I really wish I could still go to my ward, but at the same time, I'm single in the LDS church. I don't think the new town will have a lot more in terms of men, but the well was pretty dry in V-town. So I'm excited for the new people I'll get to meet. But I expect I'll make plenty of visits to my current ward. I think Megan would kill me if I didn't. It only takes 9 more minutes to get there from my new house as from my old one.
I'll do a top 10 of things I like about the new town when I move there. I will probably do a top 10 list of what I'm excited about with my new house soon.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I know who will miss you! Your cute little primary class. They love you. Lauren was taking it pretty hard the other day especially when I told her it would be a month or so and you weren't at church on Sunday. :( Tears were shed (she probably wouldn't admit it, though). She has loved having you as a teacher, and I've loved having you teach her. :) I'll miss you lots.
I think the Bishop knew in his heart what was to come. He had to lessen the blow by removing you from the young women first so that when you did finally move the reaction would be a little better from all parties involved. You will be missed tremendously.
By the way, I have your book and you have the YW sports bag still. We'll have to do the exchange soon. Hope to see you on Sunday. :)
Yes, I thought I'd be back in time Sunday, but got held up camping with my family. I was sad to leave so late, especially since I only have a few more weeks there. I'm going to miss my class too! I'm going to do my best to be there for their baptisms.
We will miss you, girl. But I'm wondering if this means I can wear red more often and not be hassled! Just kidding--I will miss being hassled about it.
you can always look to see where the closest singles ward is....haha....either way you will have a great ward....I love you =)
Post a Comment