Monday, April 6, 2009

Bummer...

Well, it looks like the house I really liked is off the market now. I guess I was a little too overcautious, as it's taken me awhile to get my financial information in order for the mortgage broker, and now that I decided I really wanted that place, it looks like it's gone. I know there's all of this 'If it's meant to be...' but I think I really needed to get more in gear earlier. But it did take me some time to decide for sure I wanted to buy a house, so now I'll look again and just wait until I find something better and not settle for anything less.

In the meantime, I'm painting my kitchen in anticipation of someday soon renting it out. I had painted it red, but never really liked it, especially for my small galley kitchen. I'm now painting it yellow and so far really like the results.

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

You never know - just because a house appears to be off the market doesn't mean it is - sometimes financing falls through.... Or maybe you'll like the next one you find even more!

Shawn said...

Yeah, you'll like the next one better because it will be in our ward.

Amy_Fire said...

See my previous comment on the glass in foot blog but to add to that...
I know it's a bummer that you didn't get your rear in gear soon enough but maybe that's what this house was supposed to do. To get you motivated and prepared so that either if it comes on the market again or if another offer comes up, either way you are ready for it. Good luck and lota love.