Saturday, January 24, 2009

If I could do it over again...

I keep thinking recently that if I could go tell myself what to study in school, I would tell myself to study archaeology. I have always been fascinated with finding out old lost civilizations or figuring out what an area was like even 50 years ago.

One of my favorite places to think about now is the area that used to be Montecello, CA, but is now at the bottom of Lake Berryessa. I love to hear stories about how when the water level is really low, you can see the bridge that used to go into town. Or to see the pictures in our lobby at work that show how the county used to look, and the area of town where our work building is, but 80 years ago. That sort of thing fascinates me, and I love to see shows on the Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, or History Channel where they show you some of the secrets of ancient civilizations. It would be so interesting to be able to study an area and determine what it used to be like.

But alas, I instead will have to watch the work of others and be fascinated by their discoveries.

No comments: